Posted to user@uima.apache.org by "greg@holmberg.name" <ho...@comcast.net> on 2007/06/26 00:17:08 UTC

IBM System S

Would System S be applicable to UIMA?  In other words, could UIMA run inside System S?

Greg Holmberg

IBM Unveils Enterprise Stream Processing System

http://www.hpcwire.com/hpc/1623603.html

Some quotes:

    The result of a $5 million initiative at IBM Research, System S is designed to perform real-time analytics using high-throughput data streams.

    the system is generally applicable to all kinds of real-time intelligence gathering. Relevant domains include surveillance, manufacturing, inventory management, public health, and biological research, among others.

    System S is capable of processing in the neighborhood of a million messages per second, depending on the application behavior and the nature of the data streams.

    The intention of the framework is to host applications that turn heterogeneous data streams into actionable intelligence.

    System S applications are able to take unstructured raw data and process it in real time. And rather than performing simple data mining or recreating a simulation of some well-defined structure or process, System S applications attempt to make correlations and generate some type of prediction.

Re: IBM System S

Posted by Thilo Goetz <tw...@gmx.de>.
Hi Greg,

System S actually contains UIMA (as I just found out), and can
run UIMA analytics.  However, that's pretty much the extent of
my knowledge.

--Thilo