Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Fred Feuerstein <FF...@gmx.net> on 2004/10/22 11:50:32 UTC

Webserver -> Tomcat -> Tapestry / Error 405 Method Not Allowed / :jsession

Hi folks.

situation:
------------
I wrote a webapplication using the Tapestry (version 3.0) Framework. As a
webcontainer I am using Tomcat 5.

Total of 3 pages:
1. page "START": <form> user has to type in two values /submit
2. page "INPUT": <form> user can type in couple of values or 'cancel'
application /submit  *
3. page "END": Only Text: "Thanks for your input"

*(user can repeat this page as often as requested to type in more and more)

session:
-----------
Session are using, so that I wrote my own VISIT object to hold all the
needed information.
"<property name="org.apache.tapestry.visit-class">MyVisit</property>" in
"MyApp.application"

testing:
----------
= Tomcat
My tests using "http://<myTomcatUrl>/<context>/" worked just fine!! No
Problem at all.

= Webserver (Zeus)
As weberver I don't use Tomcat. Therefor I needed an "redirect" for all
unknwon Request to my Tomcat. No Problem at all, all request reach my
webappl installed and running under tomcat.

BUT:
-------
When I cklick a button of my provided <form>-Elements, i get from my
Webserver a ..
"Error 405 Method Not Allowed

The requested method POST is not allowed for URL
/<context>/;jsessionid=8BFBF57F25A3D826434CEDBDB5A8842E

Powered by Zeus Technology"

????

Has anybody an idea, what the reason for that could be? It works under
Tomcat but not through my webserver, very strange.

Thanks for every note.

Bye,
Fred

ffffff

--
Geschenkt: 3 Monate GMX ProMail + 3 Ausgaben der TV Movie mit DVD
++++ Jetzt anmelden und testen http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail ++++

Re: Webserver -> Tomcat -> Tapestry / Error 405 Method Not Allowed / :jsession

Posted by Marcus Brito <mb...@gmail.com>.
This seems to be a Zeus problem, completly unrelated to Tapestry.
Checking out their website, and reports in the wild, it looks like
Zeus isn't exactly the best front-end server for servlet containers.
Try contacting them (nice time to use that support contract), or if
you have the option, using another server as your front-end.

-- Marcus Brito