Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/14 22:35:17 UTC

[2.x] itest-implementation-spring is failing

The itest-implementation-spring in 2.x build is failing due to:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-3027

I investigated the issue. Here is the root cause:

src/main/resources/META-INF/sca/SpringDelegationHelloWorld-context.xml
defined two Spring beans that implement the same remotable java interface
HelloWorld. After the java introspection, we end up with two services with
the same name "HelloWorld" in the componentType that represents the spring
context.

How do we fix this problem?

Thanks,
Raymond

Re: [2.x] itest-implementation-spring is failing

Posted by Ramkumar R <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Raymond,

Let me have a look at this one and post the findings.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Ramkumar Ramalingam

Re: [2.x] itest-implementation-spring is failing

Posted by Ramkumar R <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Raymond,

I identified the issue here, this is because of the implicit services
imposed by spring beans. When no explicit services are declared in spring
context, then every bean acts as a service with its interface name, so when
there are multiple beans using the same interface we see this issue. I
believe, these is already an issue raised in the spring specs to take care
of this one.

I have fixed the spring context to declare explicit services in such
scenario, which is ideal. So the duplicate service name issue is now
resolved at r778659.

But I do see the issue the following error message....

testServer(implementation.policies.ImplementationPoliciesTestCase)  Time
elapsed: 0.313 sec  <<< ERROR!
org.oasisopen.sca.ServiceRuntimeException: The service
AnotherCalculatorServiceComponent has not been contributed to the domain

Any idea about this one?

--
Thanks & Regards,
Ramkumar Ramalingam

Re: [2.x] itest-implementation-spring is failing

Posted by Ramkumar R <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Raymond,

--
Thanks & Regards,