Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Jim Gomes <e....@gmail.com> on 2008/02/13 20:45:23 UTC

Branching/Tagging NMS

Hello All,

Before serious work begins on the failover transport support in the NMS
client, I think it would be good to branch or tag the source repository.
I'm not sure of the exact release protocols the Apache group uses in this
type of situation.  I think it would be good to mark a stable point in the
code, because I get the feeling that this is a significant feature
addition.  It might be a good idea to draw a line in the sand and find a
stable snapshot, and call it 1.0 and add the failover support to 1.1.

Thoughts?

- Jim

Re: Branching/Tagging NMS

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
I agree. We should cut release candidates for at least NMS and
NMS.ActiveMQ, run it through a vote and make those guys officially
1.0.0.

Then work (towards 1.1) can continue on in the trunk.. and any small
bug fixes can be made to a 1.0 branch.

Regards,
Hiram

On Feb 13, 2008 2:45 PM, Jim Gomes <e....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Before serious work begins on the failover transport support in the NMS
> client, I think it would be good to branch or tag the source repository.
> I'm not sure of the exact release protocols the Apache group uses in this
> type of situation.  I think it would be good to mark a stable point in the
> code, because I get the feeling that this is a significant feature
> addition.  It might be a good idea to draw a line in the sand and find a
> stable snapshot, and call it 1.0 and add the failover support to 1.1.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> - Jim

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com