Posted to dev@jspwiki.apache.org by Andrew Jaquith <an...@mac.com> on 2008/07/01 01:41:54 UTC

Re: JSPWiki 2.8.0-alpha-1 available.

I've checked in a root-level document called UPGRADING (available in
SVN) that summarizes what deployers must do to upgrade from 2.6 to
2.0. I have not really looked at the JSP-tier stuff at all. I haven't
diffed against 2.4 yet, but I will at least take a whack at the
deployment issues.

Andrew

Posted by Janne Jalkanen <Ja...@ecyrd.com>.
Excellent - thanks!  Just a couple of observations (I know, I could
check them in too, but I want to run them past you guys first):

* Defaultprefs copying not needed - there are *no* defaultprefs in
the current properties file (thanks to ini/jspwiki_default.properties)
* I don't know whether we need to mention the ones which are
defaulting to sane values.
* There are two sections for deployers ;-)

Otherwise it's looking good.  We should remove the upgrade
instructions from ReleaseNotes.

/Janne