Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by "David E. Jones" <jo...@undersunconsulting.com> on 2006/08/14 02:22:29 UTC

Graduation (was Re: Framework Independence)

On Aug 13, 2006, at 3:19 PM, Chris Howe wrote:

> What are you thoughts on graduation occuring before
> ApacheCon 2006 in Austin (October 9-13)?

It's possible. We are getting pretty close, but still have one iCLA
coming in (sending has been confirmed) and a few other little things
to do. Once the RC is done it will take some time for people on this
list to review it (especially the committers) and then for the
incubator board and others involved and interested there to review it
before it is final. Once that is done we should be ready to propose
graduation and request a vote.

> Will there
> be an OFBiz presense at ApacheCon?

I don't know. I haven't heard back on my proposal so I'm pretty sure
I won't be presenting there. Unless there are going to be more people
attending and such, I'm not even going to try and get a booth or
anything, given that I was alone manning the OFBiz booth at OSCON. It
was nice to meet people and such, but the overhead was a little high
to repeat.

Does anyone have plans to go, or present or other such?

-David

Re: Graduation (was Re: Framework Independence)

Posted by Chris Howe <cj...@yahoo.com>.
I'm in the Dallas area so it's a short jaunt down to
Austin and Austin is always a good time. I don't think
I would be interested in much of the other Apache
project presentations as most of the other projects
talk reminds me of Professor Frink and flux capacitors
with the exception of licensing.

I'd certainly be interested in getting together the
weekend before or after for an informal gethering to
discuss OFBiz and other things of interest.

--- "David E. Jones" <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>