Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Henri Gomez <he...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/29 16:15:47 UTC

Notice : No more IBM support JK/Tomcat on i5/OS V6R1

Hi to all,

The new i5/OS V6R1 use Apache 2.2 and APR 1.x.

The official IBM notice inform V6R1 admins that third party modules
for Apache 2.2.x should be updated.
They mention the Tomcat connector (mod_jk), the only Apache 2.2.x
third party module I know on such platform ;)

I still didn't get access to a V6R1 to test the current code, but I
feel a simple rebuild will be necessary.

IBM also remove support for Tomcat (pretty old 3.2.1) in its 5761-DG1
product and the old IBM JK connector will no more be provided.
So the JK directive wont be supported anymore by

Consequence :

i5/OS V6R1 admins using IBM Powered by Apache HTTPD instances and
Tomcat will have to use the mod_jk binaries provided by ASF..
I didn't know, yet, if IBM will provide on its Apache implementation
mod_proxy and proxy_ajp.

Regards

Re: Notice : No more IBM support JK/Tomcat on i5/OS V6R1

Posted by Henri Gomez <he...@gmail.com>.
I'll open an incident ticket at IBM, hope they fix that miss.

Posted by Henri Gomez <he...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.

Posted by Henri Gomez <he...@gmail.com>.
The question here is :

Why did we use unixd_set_global_mutex_perms/ap_unixd_set_global_mutex_perms
since both call didn't exist in i5/OS V6R1 and I had to set
JK_NEED_SET_MUTEX_PERMS to 0 to have them excluded.

I'll commit the patches for i5/OS after I some testing on the mod_jk
1.2.28 built on the V6R1.

Regards

Posted by Henri Gomez <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi to all,

Posted by Henri Gomez <he...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Josh Gooding <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
Hello Henri,

On 29.07.2009 16:15, Henri Gomez wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> The new i5/OS V6R1 use Apache 2.2 and APR 1.x.
>
> The official IBM notice inform V6R1 admins that third party modules
> for Apache 2.2.x should be updated.
> They mention the Tomcat connector (mod_jk), the only Apache 2.2.x
> third party module I know on such platform ;)
>
> I still didn't get access to a V6R1 to test the current code, but I
> feel a simple rebuild will be necessary.
>
> IBM also remove support for Tomcat (pretty old 3.2.1) in its 5761-DG1
> product and the old IBM JK connector will no more be provided.
> So the JK directive wont be supported anymore by
>
> Consequence :
>
> i5/OS V6R1 admins using IBM Powered by Apache HTTPD instances and
> Tomcat will have to use the mod_jk binaries provided by ASF..
> I didn't know, yet, if IBM will provide on its Apache implementation
> mod_proxy and proxy_ajp.
>
> Regards

thanks for sharing that information. So those iSeries users will rely on
your service (providing binaries) in the future :)

Of course first you need to get access to V6R1...

Regards,

Rainer