Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org> on 2020/04/06 01:09:43 UTC

Re: Is it possible to reset otp 2fa data for one single user

On Tue, Mar 17, 2020 at 05:45 Marco Agostini <
agostinimarco@comune.levico-terme.tn.it> wrote:

> [...]

I'm not sure about deleting the entire user account, but you can clear out
the TOTP secret attribute and this will result in the user getting prompted
to reconfigure TOTP with a fresh secret key, which is certainly more
secure.  If the user is doing something like switching phones or wants to
add another device with the same TOTP key, clearing the confirm flag may be
sufficient.

Related to this, there is a JIRA issue for this functionality in the admin
interface - you're definitely not the first to request it.  I've got it
mostly working - pull request is under review:

https://github.com/apache/guacamole-client/pull/495

-Nick