Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Jonathan Robie <jo...@redhat.com> on 2009/04/23 14:01:27 UTC

"Real World" examples

I have heard several people say it would be helpful to have "real world"
examples, that show the kinds of problems that come up in "real" programs.

What should such examples show?

Jonathan

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: "Real World" examples

Posted by Jonathan Robie <jo...@redhat.com>.
Ted Ross wrote:
> Jonathan Robie wrote:
>> I have heard several people say it would be helpful to have "real
>> world" examples, that show the kinds of problems that come up in
>> "real" programs.
>>
>> What should such examples show?
> Jonathan,
>
> Here are a few off the top of my head...
>
> 1) Resilient connections (i.e. connection retry after failure with
> exponential backoff).
> 2) Using flow control on receive and transmit rather than setting
> infinite credit.
> 3) Using more than one session on a connection.

This makes sense. Resilient connections should probably be added as a
feature, though, rather than left up to the application?

Re: "Real World" examples

Posted by Ted Ross <tr...@redhat.com>.
Jonathan Robie wrote:
> I have heard several people say it would be helpful to have "real
> world" examples, that show the kinds of problems that come up in
> "real" programs.
>
> What should such examples show?
>
> Jonathan

> Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Jonathan,

Here are a few off the top of my head...

1) Resilient connections (i.e. connection retry after failure with
exponential backoff).
2) Using flow control on receive and transmit rather than setting
infinite credit.
3) Using more than one session on a connection.

-Ted

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org