Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Cliffano Subagio <cs...@yahoo.com.au> on 2002/05/14 01:39:43 UTC

Error: Loader Contstraints Violated

Hi,

I am using Apache Tomcat 4.0
I encountered the following error:
javax.servlet.ServletException: loader constraints violated when linking
org/xml/sax/helpers/DefaultHandler class

And based on Shawn's response in the mailing list archive
http://www.mail-archive.com/taglibs-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg01585.html
I deleted the xerces.jar in common/lib which has
org/xml/sax/helpers/DefaultHandler class, deleted everything related to my
application in %TOMCAT_HOME%/webapps, rebuilt my application (using my own jars
in [myappp]/WEB-INF/lib), and redeployed it.

But I got the same error.
What are the specific things to do to fix this problem?
Is it fine to just delete the jars in common lib? Providing that we are going
to use different version of jar packages, those jars in common/lib won't be
useful sooner or later (e.g. xerces.jar).

Regards,
Cliffano Subagio

http://messenger.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Messenger
- A great way to communicate long-distance for FREE!