Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Vadiraj Deshpande <va...@icloud.com.INVALID> on 2019/05/20 12:46:11 UTC

Proposal Review Request - Hibernate plugin improvements

Dear Apache NetBeans Community members,

I would like to request your thoughts/feedback on the following improvements and the bug fixes for the NetBeans Hibernate plugin. I was one of the initial author (some 10 years ago) of the plugin and since then many things have changed and I think now it's time to update the plugin with your help :).

Improvements -

1. Port the current implementation to NetBeans 11
1.a. Remove the GPL code, jars and DTDs and make changes to the plugin to load these from Maven repository.
1.b. Upgrade the plugin to support the latest Hibernate version.
2. Enhance the plugin to include new features such as Hibernate search (http://hibernate.org/tools/ <http://hibernate.org/tools/>).
3. Bug fixes
3.a. Hibernate reverse engineering is not working and needs to be fixed.
3.b. HQL editor is buggy and needs performance improvements.
3.c. Hibernate mapping generator is buggy.

Apache NetBeans PMC and others in the group: please feel free to add your feedback.
Based on the feedback, I would like to raise a JIRA ticket and request for vote.

Thanks for your time!
Vadiraj.

Re: Proposal Review Request - Hibernate plugin improvements

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.
Excellent. :-)

Gj

Posted by Vadiraj Deshpande <va...@me.com.INVALID>.