Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by James Taber <je...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/13 01:54:17 UTC

couchdb ssl error connecting via https

couchdb-1.1.1_js185_otp_R14B03_fix-win32-crypto (also tried 1.2.0 R14B04)
Windows 7
Firefox 13.0.1

when connecting to https://localhost:5984/_utils, receive the following
error

An error occurred during a connection to localhost:5984.

SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length.

(Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long)

Between the greater and lesser infinities sleep the dreams undreamt.

Re: couchdb ssl error connecting via https

Posted by James Taber <je...@gmail.com>.
User error, I was not aware that the script I was given was what created a
secure layer on our couchDB install.  So, until I ran that there was no
https to connect to.  I will try the new drop, though.

Posted by Dave Cottlehuber <da...@muse.net.nz>.