Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Franz Stumpner <fr...@stumpner.net> on 2007/03/23 11:41:04 UTC

Outgoing Mails from James are classified as Spam

Hi,

I use James as Mailserver and have the Problem that outgoing Mails to
most Free-Mail Providers (such as hotmail and gmx) identify my mails as
SPAM.

I looked in the Mail-Headers and noticed that, for example GMX
(www.gmx.net) did not like my mail from James becaus of this:

MSGID_FROM_MTA_HEADER = means that the MTA did write the Message-ID not the Client?
RCVD_NUMERIC_HELO = means that the helo command is not a fqdn?

In config.xml i set <helloName> of smtpserver to vps101.stumpner.co.at, so that James should
use this domain for the HELO command.
Also the Hostname where James is running ist correct: vps101.stumpner.co.at and the
Domain of the Email-Sender-Address (@stumpner.co.at) has also an MX Entry to the IP of the
James-Mailserver Machine.
And of course, i also set the Reverse DNS of my Mailserver to vps101.stumpner.co.at.

I would be thankful if anyone can help me with my question.

For better Debugging I've added the Mail-Header, of the Mail which is identified as spam, below.

best regards
franz stumpner

=========
Mail header: