Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by John Fauerbach <Jo...@noaa.gov> on 2004/03/25 20:46:16 UTC

[users@httpd] Reproducible bug in Apache 2.0.49

I have found a reproducible bug in Apache 2.0.49 under linux that does
not exist in Apache 1.3.x.  Below is the script to reproduce it:

john.cgi:

#!/bin/bash
echo "Content-type: text/html"
echo ""

var0=0

while [ "$var0" -lt 200 ]
do
  echo "$var0 "
cp /tmp/hh /tmp/h
cp /tmp/h /tmp/hh
  var0=`expr $var0 + 1`
done
echo "It is done\n<P>"

exit 0

This will run to about 69-89 and then hang through a web browser
(example: http://www.whatever.com/cgi-bin/john.cgi).

This problem is in Redhat 8.0, Enterprise 3, and the source code
download from apache.org and compiled.  It is also reproducible in
perl.  This script works fine from the command line or under Apache
1.3.x.  You can substitute different commands for the cp.  I first found
it under while trying to ftp several, > 100 files, then I shortened the
code and reproduced it using cp and mv.  The original problem was when I
built a ftp command file containing all the files to transfer and then
it errors at > 50 files.

Please help.

Thanks,
John F.