Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com> on 2022/03/22 21:32:31 UTC

[VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.21.0

I would like to propose an Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.21.0 release.

We added these new features as part of 2.21.0:

[ARTEMIS-3522] - Implement performance tools to evaluate throughput
and Response Under Load performance of Artemis
[ARTEMIS-3638] - MQTT 5
[ARTEMIS-3670] - Diverting to multiple addresses
[ARTEMIS-3685] - Reloading bridges
[ARTEMIS-3686] - Example integrating OpenTelemetry
[ARTEMIS-3720] - Max number of messages as a deciding factor for Paging

The complete release notes can be found here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12351083&styleName=Text&projectId=12315920

The git commit report is here:
https://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/download/commit-report-2.21.0

Source and binary distributions can be found here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-artemis/2.21.0/

The maven repository is here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1249

In case you want to give it a try with the maven repo on examples:
https://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/documentation/hacking-guide/validating-releases.html

The source tag:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.21.0

I will update the website after the vote has passed.

[ ] +1 approve this release
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Here's my +1 (binding)

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.21.0

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.
In order to continue discussing the issue you've raised here, Chris, I
think you should create a new thread on the dev list. I'd like to ask some
questions, but I don't feel it's appropriate on this thread (as you alluded
to).

Justin

Posted by Christopher Shannon <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.
+1!

Justin

Posted by Havret <h4...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

I've run the tests against ArtemisNetClient -->
https://github.com/Havret/dotnet-activemq-artemis-client/pull/338

It's all green.

To make the testing easier, I've created a docker image with the release
candidate binaries. Feel free to use it run your tests -->
havret/dotnet-activemq-artemis-client-test-broker:2.21.0-rc1

Cheers,
Havret

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Amit Aggarwal <am...@gmail.com>.
+1 ( not binding )

Thanks & Regards
Amit Aggarwal of Shiva

Posted by Francesco Nigro <ni...@gmail.com>.
+1 (not binding)

Posted by Domenico Francesco Bruscino <br...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non binding)

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

I checked things over as follows:
- Verified the signature + checksum files.
- Checked for LICENCE and NOTICE files in the archives.
- Checked licence headers in the source archive by running:
  "mvn apache-rat:check"
- Ran the Qpid JMS main HelloWorld against the broker from the binary archive.
- Ran the source build and the AMQP integration tests on JDK11 with:
  "mvn clean install -DskipTests && cd tests/integration-tests/ && mvn
-Ptests -Dtest=org.apache.activemq.artemis.tests.integration.amqp.**
test"

Robbie

Posted by Francesco Nigro <ni...@gmail.com>.
Lovely :)

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
Yes.

--
perl -e 'print
http://bsnyder.org/ <http://bruceblog.org/>

[RESULT][VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.21.0

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
Results of the Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.21.0 release vote.

The vote passes with 10 Votes, 7 Bindings, 3 non Bindings

Binding Vote:

Clebert Suconic
Francesco Nigro
Timothy Bish
Justin Bertram
Christopher Shannon
Robbie Gemmel
Jean-Baptiste Onofre

Non Binding:
Havret
Amit Aggrarwal
Domenico Francesco Bruscino

Thank you for all the contributions and everyone's time review the
release candidate and voting.

I will proceed publishing the release now.

Thank you

--
Clebert Suconic

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.21.0

Posted by Francesco Nigro <ni...@gmail.com>.
Let me resend my vote too:

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.

--
Clebert Suconic

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.21.0

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1 (binding)