Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/16 20:25:38 UTC

To Roman - About TryProcessor

Hi Roman

I recently worked on some tracer issue to have nice try .. catch logging.

In the TryProcessor I stumble across why do we make a copy of the
Exchange when we do doCatch routing?
Can you remember the reason for this?

I added a TODO in the source code on trunk.

--
Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer

Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/davsclaus

Re: To Roman - About TryProcessor

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 9:33 PM, Roman Kalukiewicz
<ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Claus,
>
> It looks that the source of those lines is
>
> http://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/CAMEL-191
>
> so I'm not the best person to ask ;)
>
> But I would say, that the copy is not really needed here as
> catchClause.process() is invoked in the same thread.
> I would first remove the copy() operation, run tests and just see if
> it brings any failures - if not, then I guess we are in good shape ;)

Hi Roman

Thanks for the quick reply. I changed the code to not use a copy.
All tests passes and there is not a need for it as you always say.

Created ticket CAMEL-2180 to track this change

Posted by Roman Kalukiewicz <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hello Claus,