Posted to user@storm.apache.org by hjh <ap...@163.com> on 2015/03/05 18:45:09 UTC

time in storm

Hi, I need to know exact time delay in storm. For example, I have a
topology like SpoutA->BoltB>BoltC. First I collect the time when SpoutA
emit the tuple, and then in BoltB and BoltC, each will collect the time
when the new tuple arrives and when the tuple is emitted to the next
tuple. In this way, I can get t-SpoutA-Emit, t-BoltB-NewTuple,
t-BoltB-Emit, t-BoltC-NewTuple and t-BoltC-Emit. Then the process delay
and the transmit delay can be calculated. How ever when I use this
method to get the delays, some delays are negative. For example
t-BoltC-NewTuple minus t-BoltB-Emit may be negative. I use
System.currentTimeMillis() to record time. Can anybody help to figure
out why this happens?

Another question is about the capacity in the Storm UI, if the capacity
of a bolt is less than 1, say 0.7, does that mean some times the bolt
has to wait for new tuple?

Thank you very much!!!

Re: time in storm

Posted by hjh <ap...@163.com>.
Thank you very much!! I will try to do that to sync the supervisors in
my cluster.

Re: time in storm

Posted by Guillermo López Leal <gl...@sentisis.com>.