Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Mitch Gitman <mg...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/23 00:23:08 UTC

buildnumber Ant task ignoring prefix attribute

Please forgive the prolific posting lately. I'm setting the prefix attribute
on the *buildnumber *Ant task:
    <ivy:buildnumber organisation="${ivy.organisation}"
      module="${ivy.module}"
      default="${ivy.default.revision}" *prefix="repo" */>

But when I go to manually output the properties that are set, I see:
ivy-buildnumber:
     [echo] ivy:buildnumber output:
     [echo] ivy.revision=1.1
     [echo] repo.revision=${repo.revision}

You see that the default ivy.revision property gets set; the
repo.revision property
does not.

Here's what the buildnumber
documentation<http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/trunk/use/buildnumber.html>has
to say about the prefix
attribute:
"the prefix to use for the property names set (will be *prefix*.revision, *
prefix*.new.revision, ...)"

Am I missing something or is this a bug?

Re: buildnumber Ant task ignoring prefix attribute

Posted by Mitch Gitman <mg...@gmail.com>.
Created a JIRA bug for this:

I added to the description sort of a corollary bug with buildnumber, where
the ivy.revision property appears to be behaving as a traditional Ant
property, where it's immutable, rather than behaving like a variable. I can
attest that I have not manually set ivy.revision anywhere up to that point.

Posted by Maarten Coene <ma...@yahoo.com>.
Seems like a bug to me.