Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Nicolas Spiegelberg <ns...@fb.com> on 2011/08/09 02:53:02 UTC

HBase Users Group: Aug 22 @ FB

Facebook will be hosting a HBase users group in two weeks from today, August 22 @ 6PM.  This is a perfect opportunity for people evaluating HBase to meet other users, new HBase users to learn more from others, and existing users to stay up to date on the latest open source developments.

We have a few presentations lined up already:

 1. Liyin (Facebook) informs us about the benefits of the just-committed new hfile v2 format
 2. Li Pi explains on his findings caching outside the heap
 3. Todd Lipcon (Cloudera) expounds on speedups coming we can see in the near future

 Please RSVP at http://www.meetup.com/hbaseusergroup/events/28518471/ so we can determine how much space we need.

 Hope to see you there!

 Nicolas Spiegelberg

RE: HBase Users Group: Aug 22 @ FB

Posted by Ramkrishna S Vasudevan <ra...@huawei.com>.
Hi

Will those presentations be uploaded somewhere so that we can have a look at
it ?

Regards
Ram

Will there possibly be video recordings of the presentations that get
published online afterwards?

Friso

Posted by Friso van Vollenhoven <fv...@xebia.com>.
Hi Nicolas,