Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Shahed Ali <sh...@enoor.com> on 2000/08/26 01:53:26 UTC

Solaris JDK 1.2.2 does not work with Tomcat ?

I have tomcat stanalone installed on Solaris 8.
With jdk 1.2.1, everything works fine.

But when I installed the new jdk (1.2.2.05a) jsp pages hang.
The generate a huge java file and dont compile it into a class file.

I switched back to jdk1.2.1 and everthing works fine.

Is this a known problem ? I am running on Solaris 8 Intel with the jdk's
from Sun.

Thanks
Shahed

Java2SDK1.3 Japanese version doesn't work with tomcat?

Posted by Kazue Watanabe <kw...@macromedia.com>.
 Hi,
I installed Java2SDK1.3 japanese on Win2000(J) with tomcat, and
everytime i try to run a JSP script, tomcat server crashes.
Does anyone have a similar problem?

Thanks,
-kazue

Re: Solaris JDK 1.2.2 does not work with Tomcat ?

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@voyager.apg.more.net>.
We have seen the same problems with the jdk 1.2.2_05 build under
Solaris 7 intel and had to switch back to 1.2.1_04.

Glenn

Posted by David Lerch <da...@pixelpark.com>.
Hi

Did you install the needed patches for solaris ??
That's maybe most important.
We're working with 05a and everything works great.

Greets

David Lerch

Shahed Ali wrote:

> I have tomcat stanalone installed on Solaris 8.
> With jdk 1.2.1, everything works fine.
>
> But when I installed the new jdk (1.2.2.05a) jsp pages hang.
> The generate a huge java file and dont compile it into a class file.
>
> I switched back to jdk1.2.1 and everthing works fine.
>
> Is this a known problem ? I am running on Solaris 8 Intel with the jdk's
> from Sun.
>
> Thanks
> Shahed

David Lerch . Webmaster
Pixelpark AG http://www.pixelpark.com
Rotherstraße 8 . 10245 Berlin . Germany
phone: + 49 30 5058-1790    fax: -1400

Re: Solaris JDK 1.2.2 does not work with Tomcat ?

Posted by ALEXANDROS KOTSIRAS <AL...@prodigy.net>.
No idea, i am using succesfully JDK1.2.2 with Solaris 2.6