Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Todd Thiessen <th...@nortel.com> on 2009/02/04 23:18:34 UTC

Source plugin and removing jar from lifecycle

I have been looking through the archives regarding why, when the source
plugin is attached to the a phase, project builds start producing this
warning.

[WARNING] Removing: jar from forked lifecycle, to prevent recursive
invocation.

Since it is a warning, I'd like to think that Maven is trying to tell me
that something is wrong with my POM. Even when you take the exact
recommendation of what to add to your POM from the source plugin site,
this warning still appears.  ie:

      <plugin>
        <artifactId>maven-source-plugin</artifactId>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <id>attach-sources</id>
            <phase>verify</phase>
            <goals>
              <goal>jar</goal>
            </goals>
          </execution>
        </executions>
      </plugin>

Is there anything that can be done to remove this warning and still
generate the jarred sourced artifact?

---
Todd Thiessen