Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Merico Raffaele <ra...@less.ch> on 2005/03/04 13:15:13 UTC

may upload:// be used

Dear Community

I have found a sample under
http://localhost:8080/ve2000ic/samples/sources/xml-upload that contains a
form/action that matches the following pipeline where upload:// is used.

<map:match pattern="xml-upload-post">
    <map:generate src="upload://formFieldOne"/>
    <map:transform src="context://stylesheets/system/xml2html.xslt"/>
    <map:serialize/>
</map:match>

Since I have not found any information on upload:// I'm not sure what this
pseudo protocol really does and if I may use it. I found this a solution to
integrate a foreign system that uses cocoon to render an XML stream passed
by the foreign system. I'm using cocoon 2.1.6 with tomcat 5.0.28.

For your support many thanks in advance ....

Raffaele

Re: may upload:// be used

Posted by Geert Josten <Ge...@daidalos.nl>.
Hi,

If you are working with XML, you can use StreamGenerator or something alike to parse the InputStream
of a request. Submit the XML as part of a POST request.

If you want to use upload, make sure the upload feature in web.xml is active. I myself have used
uploading successfully, but didn't use the upload: protocol for this. I simply uploaded files using
a HTML form with a input of type file. The file is attached, saved as upload by Cocoon (unless the
feature in web.xml is turned off), and the request-param that points to the file input field is
changed to the local path of the saved upload.

Hope this makes sense.. &-s

Cheers

Merico Raffaele wrote:

> Dear Community
>
> I have found a sample under
> http://localhost:8080/ve2000ic/samples/sources/xml-upload that contains a
> form/action that matches the following pipeline where upload:// is used.
>
> <map:match pattern="xml-upload-post">
>     <map:generate src="upload://formFieldOne"/>
>     <map:transform src="context://stylesheets/system/xml2html.xslt"/>
>     <map:serialize/>
> </map:match>
>
> Since I have not found any information on upload:// I'm not sure what this
> pseudo protocol really does and if I may use it. I found this a solution to
> integrate a foreign system that uses cocoon to render an XML stream passed
> by the foreign system. I'm using cocoon 2.1.6 with tomcat 5.0.28.
>
> For your support many thanks in advance ....
>
> Raffaele

Geert.Josten@Daidalos.nl
IT-consultant at Daidalos BV, Zoetermeer (NL)

http://www.daidalos.nl/
tel:+31-(0)79-3316961
fax:+31-(0)79-3316464

GPG: 1024D/12DEBB50