Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/12 14:54:06 UTC

new Input html text component

Hi there,

a new component is available: an input text component to which you
supply a helper string. If this helper string is supplied and you
click into the component, the value of the component is selected (if
the actual value is the helper string) and you can start typing in a
new value which overwrites the helper string.

This might prove very valuable for the case of international
applications, where you want to provide the user some feedback how
s/he can enter the field's value, the helper string might e.g. be
"dd.mm.yyyy" for a date field, or "x.xxx.xxx,xx" for a number field.

This component was developed by one of my students, Thomas Obereder,
who supplied the sources. Thanks to him!

try it out - feedback appreciated!

Additionally, I would like to drag several of Werner's components over
from sourceforge, if your feedback on that is positive.

regards,

Martin

Re: new Input html text component

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.
Guess I was to early with recommending tuesday,
just debugged the code out, all the script controller
stuff works now, at least the examples do, so feel free to use the sources,
but bear in mind, that all components
are moving targets currently due to the script stuff
I am moving towards the proto lib.

But I will do the componentized client side tabs first
before moving the legacy code into proto, due to a request
on the list of someone who needs that stuff.
It is just, that I did the move to proto because I need this stuff
for the tabbing anyway.

I only can recommend, put your scripts on top
of proto, it is much much cleaner that way, although I
will move to proto2 in the near future, which is currently beta, due to
the extended effects, but that one should hopefully dont affect the old
code to much, since
they did a clear namespace distinction in the namespace.
Java code will not be affected by this because the inclusion
of the scripts is done via the script controller.

So if you use the components bear in mind:
a) First the client side tabs will be done
b) some of the legacy components will be moved to proto (first the
colorers, then maybe, if I have enough time the autocomplete, which is
not that necessary currently)

If you dont mind to work on the stuff, or take code from it, you can do
the moving of the
coloring components to proto as well, it is not that hard, once you
figured out, how proto works.

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.