Posted to dev@mesatee.apache.org by Yu Ding <di...@apache.org> on 2019/10/21 01:23:05 UTC

MesaTEE CI migration

Currently MesaTEE and rust-sgx-sdk depends on a customized drone CI system.
We need to migrate to the Jenkins hosted by ASF.

The challenge is that MesaTEE and rust-sgx-sdk needs some specific hardware
to finish the build and tests:- Only Intel E3 series CPU which supports
Intel SGX can finish the tests. Other Intel CPUs can only do simulation
tests. AMD cpu cannot do any tests.-  In future, we need TPM hardware to
run TPM-based tests.

And currently the only CI which supports peripheral devices is drone (
https://drone.io/).

To migrate the CI pipelines to ASF's Jenkins, I think we can make it work
together with our current drone service:
- Jenkin's Build stage simply builds the project as usual.
- Test stage triggers the current drone services to run tests based on the
output of Build stage.

In this way we can test MesaTEE and rust-sgx-sdk in hardware mode. To
enable this, we may need to write some scripts to trigger Drone and collect
the results. Drone would help on load balancing.

Comments are welcomed.

Yu

Re: MesaTEE CI migration

Posted by Mingshen Sun <ms...@apache.org>.
Hi all, since the infra team is still discussing the possibility of using
GitHub Actions (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-19381?focusedCommentId=16976743&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-16976743).
We need to manually check all PRs. Thanks.

Re: MesaTEE CI migration

Posted by Mingshen Sun <ms...@apache.org>.

Re: MesaTEE CI migration

Posted by Mingshen Sun <ms...@apache.org>.