Posted to fx-dev@ws.apache.org by "Granqvist, Hans" <hg...@verisign.com> on 2005/08/02 18:00:59 UTC

RE: [WSS4J] NullPointerException in Merlin / .NET Interop issues

- How can I create X509 *v3* certificates on the
   Java side? Keytool can only create *v1*, which
   does not contain SKIs.

The certs generated depend on the JCE provider. I believe
bouncycastle knows about v3 certs.

Does it have to be a Java tool?

- How can I import certificates that were created
   on Windows into a keystore? Which keystore type
   is recommended?

keytool -import? JCEKS should be the default. JKS
stores are broken.

Thanks,
Hans

Re: [WSS4J] NullPointerException in Merlin / .NET Interop issues

Posted by Mike <to...@umiacs.umd.edu>.
You can use openssl to create pkcs12 keystores which work w/
bouncycastle and wss4j.

-Mike