Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com> on 2014/07/24 16:03:25 UTC

Can RSLs work in AIR ?

Hi guys,
I've got an app which consist of a "container" which loads one "module", which particular module to be loaded depends on the user, etc...
Until now, the modules were compiled against all their common dependencies (about 15 swc + the framework itself), generating a big swf even using link-report given the container doesn't do much more than loading a module.
To optimize it, I  had the idea to create RSLs from those dependencies and link them as external in the modules and as RSL in the container and the same with the framework dependencies.
It works pretty well in the IDE making my modules more than x4 smaller but as soon as I generate an .exe, it doesn't work anymore, I can see the .exe is loaded into memory but nothing is displayed, that makes me think the RSLs are not loaded.
Are there some limitation using RSLs with AIR ?If yes, what is the best way to achieve the same ?
Thanks,
Fred

RE: Can RSLs work in AIR ?

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.
Hi neverbirth,
Actually it works if embarked in the app after some dependencies ordering tweaking but your proposed solution could be one for upcoming libs the modules could use.

Thanks,
Frédéric THOMAS

Re: Can RSLs work in AIR ?

Posted by Neverbirth <ne...@gmail.com>.

RE: Can RSLs work in AIR ?

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks Alex, just did that and it works.

Frédéric THOMAS

Re: Can RSLs work in AIR ?

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.