Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Dave <sn...@gmail.com> on 2021/12/22 22:32:27 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Roller 6.1.0 release is available

The Apache Roller project is pleased to announce the availability of Roller
6.1.0, a release that upgrades over a dozen dependencies (including Log4J)
and includes a number of bug fixes and improvements to the code-base. The
release and convenience binaries can be found on the Roller project
download page here:

https://roller.apache.org/downloads/downloads.html

You can find some more details about the release in the vote thread here:

https://lists.apache.org/thread/7334kfm8g5mlq1g0y8783ldfopdfc3sc

Thanks to all who helped out with this release!

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Roller 6.1.0 release is available

Posted by Michael Bien <mb...@gmail.com>.
excellent! Great job with the release Dave.

a few notes for users:

- Apache Roller supports JDK 17 now (11 is still supported)

- one db table got renamed, for automatic migration set
installation.type=auto in your roller-custom.properties before first start

- logger config can't be put into roller-custom.properties anymore, its
now in log4j2.xml
-- default config is here:
https://github.com/apache/roller/blob/master/app/src/main/resources/log4j2.xml
-- instructions how to change it are in the comments
-- current used log4j2 version is 2.17

- if you are using the db for user authentication
-- default algorithm is now passwds.encryption.algorithm=bcrypt
-- configurable via roller-custom.properties (see roller.properties for
defaults)
-- automatic migration happens on next pw change (please change it)

- some hardening and bug fixing happened in this release
-- including migration away from EOL libraries

- new editor plugin ("Pre Tag Encoder" checkbox) automatically encodes
everything between pre tags if enabled
-- no need to escape angle brackets anymore if you post source code

thats all i remember for now :)

best regards,
michael

Posted by Naren <ge...@gmail.com>.
Dave,

       Thanks for looking into this. We are also on MySql 5.7.xx

Hope to get a patch sooner.

Thanks
Naren

--
Naren

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Roller 6.1.0 release is available

Posted by Michael Bien <mb...@gmail.com>.
i wouldn't recommend using Tomcat 7 in production since its EOL since
march. (8.0 is EOL too)

First stable release of Tomcat 9 was January 2018, there was quite some
time to upgrade. (even Tomcat 10 is considered stable now)

best regards,
-michael

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
Hi Naren,