Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by David Wynter <da...@btclick.com> on 2002/04/10 10:13:44 UTC

How to approach 3 roles with separate screens?

I have been through the archives to see how to best approach my requirement.
I find I am still missing something.

I currently have a single role with one permission and use a pull tool and
just one subclass of VelocitySecureScreen for all the screens used by that
role. I need to add 2 more roles (all need security) each with a single
permission each with unique screens (there are no screens which are shared
by the roles).

I found the mail in the archive
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=turbine-user&m=101043436816718&w=2
This suggests using subdirectories for weak and secure screens. I assume I
can use the same approach and have 3 template sub-directries, one for each
role. But I am not sure how to tie this in with the screens, do I have 3
subclasses from VelocitySecureScreen in subdirectories that match the
pattern on the template subdirectories? Is this the best approach? Will it
carry over to Turbine 3?

thanks

David