Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Dave Everson <dj...@mygolftrac.com> on 2002/02/13 18:34:05 UTC

Generic Set Methods

I am developing an application that processes files that has several
fieldname/value fields separated by tabs.  For each of these
fieldname/value fields, I have to update a corresponding field in the
database.  I am using Standalone Torque/Peers (last CSV download was
Friday) as my persistence layer.

I noticed that the OM classes have a few generic get methods.  For
example getByName(String).  For the type of application that I am
writing, a setByName(String) method would be awesome.  However, I can't
find any such method in the generated OM classes.  Is there a build
property that I can set to have generic get methods generated?  I could
not find any documentation that totally defines all the properties in
the build property file.  If there is no way to have the generic get
methods generated, I will just have to write my own.

Thanks!
Dave