Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Brekke, Jeff" <Je...@qg.com> on 2002/10/07 15:40:43 UTC

[NET] GUMP Build is broken, well maybe not...

The lib directory is created in the get-deps target which doesn't seem to be
running when gump runs the build.  Obviously gump wants to build net using
the dependencies that it generated.  It looks like, in the init target, that
build.sysclasspath=only.  The noget property is set and the get-deps target
is skipped.  Where are the dependant jars when gump builds a project ( oro
and junit in this case )?  On the sysclasspath?  I've patched Maven to
produce an ant build which will create the lib directory in the init target
and regen'd and committed a new ant build for commons-net.  Can you test the
gump build of commons-net again?

Thanks a bunch for the help and information.

Jeffrey D. Brekke                                   Quad/Graphics
Jeff.Brekke@qg.com                              http://www.qg.com

Re: [NET] GUMP Build is broken, well maybe not...

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 07 Oct 2002, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 07 Oct 2002, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Will be back in a few minutes ...
>
> Tests compile fine but fail (I think I know why) ...

GUMP builds of commons-net now pass, even though some tests fail.  I'm
not sure whether the test failures are expected, this is what I get on
Linux (in case there is an OS dependency):

Testcase: testParseFieldsOnFile took 0,088 sec
        FAILED
expected:<...D...> but was:<...ES...>
junit.framework.ComparisonFailure: expected:<...D...> but was:<...ES...>
        at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.ftp2.parser.EnterpriseUnixFTPEntryParserTest.testParseFieldsOnFile(EnterpriseUnixFTPEntryParserTest.java:147)

Testcase: testParseFieldsOnDirectory took 0,15 sec
        FAILED
expected:<...S...> but was:<...E...>
junit.framework.ComparisonFailure: expected:<...S...> but was:<...E...>
        at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.ftp2.parser.NTFTPEntryParserTest.testParseFieldsOnDirectory(NTFTPEntryParserTest.java:140)

Testcase: testParseFieldsOnDirectoryTestcase: testParseFieldsOnFile took 0,006 sec
        FAILED
expected:<...D...> but was:<...ES...>
junit.framework.ComparisonFailure: expected:<...D...> but was:<...ES...>
        at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.ftp2.parser.NTFTPEntryParserTest.testParseFieldsOnFile(NTFTPEntryParserTest.java:155)

Testcase: testParseFieldsOnDirectory took 0,151 sec
        FAILED
expected:<...S...> but was:<...E...>
junit.framework.ComparisonFailure: expected:<...S...> but was:<...E...>
        at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.ftp2.parser.OS2FTPEntryParserTest.testParseFieldsOnDirectory(OS2FTPEntryParserTest.java:124)

Testcase: testParseFieldsOnDirectoryTestcase: testParseFieldsOnFile took 0,007 sec
        FAILED
expected:<...S...> but was:<...E...>
junit.framework.ComparisonFailure: expected:<...S...> but was:<...E...>
        at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.ftp2.parser.OS2FTPEntryParserTest.testParseFieldsOnFile(OS2FTPEntryParserTest.java:139)

Testcase: testParseFieldsOnDirectory took 0,155 sec
        FAILED
expected:<...S...> but was:<...E...>
junit.framework.ComparisonFailure: expected:<...S...> but was:<...E...>
        at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.ftp2.parser.UnixFTPEntryParserTest.testParseFieldsOnDirectory(UnixFTPEntryParserTest.java:159)

Testcase: testParseFieldsOnDirectoryTestcase: testParseFieldsOnFile took 0,014 sec
        FAILED
expected:<...S...> but was:<...E...>
junit.framework.ComparisonFailure: expected:<...S...> but was:<...E...>
        at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.ftp2.parser.UnixFTPEntryParserTest.testParseFieldsOnFile(UnixFTPEntryParserTest.java:220)

Testcase: testParseFieldsOnDirectory took 0,153 sec
        FAILED
expected:<...D...> but was:<...ES...>
junit.framework.ComparisonFailure: expected:<...D...> but was:<...ES...>
        at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.ftp2.parser.VMSFTPEntryParserTest.testParseFieldsOnDirectory(VMSFTPEntryParserTest.java:115)

Testcase: testParseFieldsOnDirectoryTestcase: testParseFieldsOnFile took 0,011 sec
        FAILED
expected:<...D...> but was:<...ES...>
junit.framework.ComparisonFailure: expected:<...D...> but was:<...ES...>
        at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.ftp2.parser.VMSFTPEntryParserTest.testParseFieldsOnFile(VMSFTPEntryParserTest.java:136)

Re: [NET] GUMP Build is broken, well maybe not...

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 7 Oct 2002, Jeff Brekke <Je...@qg.com> wrote:

> It looks like, in the init target, that build.sysclasspath=only.

Correct.

> Where are the dependant jars when gump builds a project ( oro and
> junit in this case )?  On the sysclasspath?

Yes.