Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Pavithra Gunasekara <th...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/10 00:12:20 UTC

[Storm 2.0.1] topologies are in danger of being unscheduled

Hi Folks,

We are in the process of upgrading Storm version from 1.0.3 to 2.0.1

We were able to build topology jars with version 2.0.1 and bring up the
Storm cluster, so far 2 topologies are running in Dev environment.

However, we see a new owner section in Storm UI, which shows following
message in a red banner.

This user's topologies are in danger of being unscheduled due to the
owner's over-use of cluster resources.
Please keep this user's resource consumption within guaranteed bounds to
ensure topologies for this user will continue to run.

Could someone please help us understand why message appears? Is it required
to specify memory/cpu usage for each user(in our case root)? If yes, what
should be the way to do that?

Thanks

--
-Pavithra

Re: [Storm 2.0.1] topologies are in danger of being unscheduled

Posted by Pavithra Gunasekara <th...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ethan for the explanation.

Regards,
-Pavithra