Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@comcast.net> on 2003/09/20 23:06:22 UTC

Tapestry and Maven

The latest Maven code base, the not-quite-release 1.0-rc1, is much better for multiproject support.

I've recently done quite a bit using multiproject for HiveMind; I'm learning more as I go along.

I think I can reasonably do Tapestry as Maven/Multiproject in the future.  However, doing so will
require moving the source tree around a little; not a big deal (beyond, again, the loss of version
history) ... but will make it all but impossible to apply my current changes from the 3.1 branch
(which contains a lot of minor changes related to extracting stuff out of Tapestry and into
HiveMind).

So, I think Maven will have to wait for 3.1-alpha.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components

RE: Hivemind

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@comcast.net>.
Thanks for looking at it.  Little typos are going to slip in, sorry!

The commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org list is best to discuss HiveMind, put "[HiveMind]" in the
subject.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components
http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry
http://javatapestry.blogspot.com

ml and in the distro docs.

You owe me for medical expenses for the brain damage from the head-banging because of this ;)

But it was worth it getting the Adder example to work in a Tapestry application!

Take care,

John

Hivemind