Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Rob McEwen <ro...@invaluement.com> on 2013/11/14 21:13:43 UTC

what is that number at the beginning of .cf files signify?

what is that number at the beginning of .cf files signify?

Does that impact SA's actual operation?

Or is that just for human organization of files (how they sort when
browsing them)?

When adding a custom-written .cf file that is made available to the
public, should some kind of naming convention be followed, even if just
for etiquette?

--
Rob McEwen
http://dnsbl.invaluement.com/

Re: what is that number at the beginning of .cf filessignify?

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.eu>.
Rob McEwen skrev den 2013-11-14 21:13:
> what is that number at the beginning of .cf files signify?
>
> Does that impact SA's actual operation?
>
> Or is that just for human organization of files (how they sort when
> browsing them)?
>
> When adding a custom-written .cf file that is made available to the
> public, should some kind of naming convention be followed, even if just
> for etiquette?

local configs would make most sense to name 99_filename.cf so all other
rules is loaded before custom configs, eg if config in 99_filename.cf
uses clear_something then other configs is discarded

sa is loading files in top down order based on filenames

maybe its needed for some rules to be in zz_something.cf to be really
last loaded

just remember to have pre files loadplugins and not do it in cf files

Re: what is that number at the beginning of .cf files signify?

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <KM...@PCCC.com>.
On 11/14/2013 4:04 PM, Benny Pedersen wrote:
> Kevin A. McGrail skrev den 2013-11-14 21:43:
>
>> I believe you want this information:
>> http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/RuleFilenameConventions
>
> .pm part is not correct, since its entirely up to the pre files to
> load what is needed even with files not ending in .pm :)
>
> but use .pm for perl module files does not hurt either
I think we'll leave it as "have to end in .pm" and if you get it to work
without doing so, more power to you ;-)

Re: what is that number at the beginning of .cf filessignify?

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.eu>.

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <KM...@PCCC.com>.
On 11/14/2013 3:13 PM, Rob McEwen wrote:
> what is that number at the beginning of .cf files signify?
>
> Does that impact SA's actual operation?
>
> Or is that just for human organization of files (how they sort when
> browsing them)?
>
> When adding a custom-written .cf file that is made available to the
> public, should some kind of naming convention be followed, even if just
> for etiquette?

I believe you want this information:
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/RuleFilenameConventions

Regards,