Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Clark Kent Nielsen <cl...@greenbird.com> on 2021/11/09 16:49:11 UTC

authentication retries

Hi, my team and I are experiencing an issue with Camel and SFTP. We've noticed that, when "maximumReconnectAttempts" is set, this applies to authentication failures as well, meaning that Camel will keep trying to connect with the same bad credentials until maximumReconnectAttempts has been reached. We're pairing Camel with Akka, so this often results in an Akka timeout before Camel can reply with an auth failure message. Is there a valid reason to reattempt auth credentials in the same connection, and if so, is there an option to disable maximumReconnectAttempts for auth only?

Thanks for your help!

Clark

Re: authentication retries

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

No you cannot disable this for auth only failures. There can be
different reasons for auth failures, so can you tell us exactly what
auth errors you see returned so we can find out how to skip retry.

You are welcome to dive into the source code and if possible provide a
PR. Mind that this must be done on the main branch for the next 3.14.0
release.

--
Claus Ibsen