Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Erik Hatcher <ja...@ehatchersolutions.com> on 2002/12/28 03:10:49 UTC

Java Development with Ant

All -

I'm proud (and worried about the support e-mails! :) to announce the
near-final release of a project demonstrating Ant, XDoclet, Struts,
JUnit, Cactus, and Lucene.  Its called JavaDevWithAnt as it was written
for the book Steve and I co-authored and has been refined during
several presentations I've been giving on Ant, XDoclet and Struts.

The documentation is in draft stage, and my primary goal is to collect
feedback on polishing the documentation (and the application if there
are any bugs that surface).  The site where I'm hosting the
distribution and documentation is:

	http://www.ehatchersolutions.com/JavaDevWithAnt/

Please let me know if you try it out and have suggestions for
improvement, or just to let me know you tried it and hate it or love
it, etc.  Feedback more than welcome!  Direct feedback to me at
JavaDevWithAnt@ehatchersolutions.com

	Erik

p.s. Since this is directed to the Struts lists, here are some hilights:

- XDoclet generation of struts-config.xml and validation.xml
- Custom XDoclet generation of starter JSP and application properties
based on form bean source code
- My proudest taglib, LabelTag - shows fields in error and marks
required fields with an asterisk.
- Use of StrutsTestCase in Cactus mode to test a Struts Action.