Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by AM...@aol.com on 2002/07/09 23:41:45 UTC

[Slightly off topic]Apache

Hi All

I know this is off topic and this question is better poster in the apache
group but since their are many users that use tomcat with apache I wondered
if any one knows how to change the output that apache gives. For example at
present apache gives the ip address but i want it to return a name. How do I
do that also can I do the same for Tomcat?

Thanxs

Re: [Slightly off topic]Apache

Posted by Rick Yoesting <ry...@mac.com>.
Apache:
Set HostnameLookups On in httpd.conf

Tomcat:
Set enableLookups=true on your <Connector> in server.xml

You probably don't really want to do this as there is a potentially
severe performance penalty for DNS lookups.
If you really want the hostname rather than the IP you'll probably be
better off post-processing your log files with Apache's logresolve or a
similar tool.