Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Thana Letchumi <th...@ti.com> on 2003/09/09 04:22:03 UTC

Failed to Install Web Application thru Tomcat Manager (TOMCAT 4.1.18)

Hi,

   I have recently installed TOMCAT 4.1.18. I developed a few
applications in a differect directory path from the tomcat installation
path. Initially, I updated the server.xml with my web application path.
But I realize that any update I make to the jar file (located in my
application path/WEB-INF/lib) is not being reflected unless I stop and
start tomcat.
Then, I tried using manager install command to install the web
application and remove the path from the server.xml.

   My command :
http://localhost:8080/manager/install?path=/saw_jav&war=file:/apps/saw_j
av

 It says that the application got installed and I can start/stop it from
the manager. But I still could not get the update in the jar file
reflected after I stop and start the application from the manager.
Furthermore, whenever I stop and start tomcat, the application is gone
from the manager process list and I have to re-install the application
again. I hope someone could advise me on this matter. I need to switch a
few applications in production mode and I can't afford to stop/start
tomcat whenever I make changes to the applications.
Another question, If install a war file, Do I need to create the
directory for the application or is it auto-expandable ?. This is not in
the tomcat installation path .
Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Thana

How to Install Web Application thru Tomcat Manager (TOMCAT 4.1.27)