Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com> on 1998/02/07 17:21:27 UTC

rcstemplate oddity?

I've noticed something odd; when I commit something in the
new directories (src/ap, src/include), the log template doesn't
include any of the PR:, Submitted by:, etc., stuff.

This is easily fixed on a checked out working directory, but
why didn't the CVS/Template files inherit the Right Stuff
when they were first checked out?  Is it possible that someone
edited CVSROOT/rcstemplate without updating CVSROOT/rcstemplate,v?

It's a little difficult to check on since CVSROOT is Brian-only
access..

#ken	P-)}

Re: rcstemplate oddity?

Posted by Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>.
On Sat, 7 Feb 1998, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> I've noticed something odd; when I commit something in the
> new directories (src/ap, src/include), the log template doesn't
> include any of the PR:, Submitted by:, etc., stuff.
>
> This is easily fixed on a checked out working directory, but
> why didn't the CVS/Template files inherit the Right Stuff
> when they were first checked out?  Is it possible that someone
> edited CVSROOT/rcstemplate without updating CVSROOT/rcstemplate,v?
>
> It's a little difficult to check on since CVSROOT is Brian-only
> access..

No it isn't:

marc@taz:/export/home/cvs/CVSROOT$ co -p rcstemplate,v  | diff -
rcstemplate
rcstemplate,v  -->  standard output
revision 1.2

no diffs.

I think the problem is that you probably created those two directories,
no?  The Template is fine on my system...