Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by socio_pal <so...@yahoo.com> on 2009/09/10 16:48:29 UTC

Setting up and configuring Jmeter2.3.4 for Distributed Testing

Hi:
I need to use Jmeter for Load testing. I need to send like 1200 requests per
second to my application. So, I have decided to use Distributed testing.
Have installed Jmeter 2.3.4 and have configured it in such a way that I have
1 client and 2 servers. Following are my questions:

1.  I read somewhere that, we cannot have 2 Jmeter servers running on the
same machine. Is this true?
2. If its possible to run 2 instances of Jmeter servers on the same machine,
how should i be setting my classpath. Would i be able to point this to both
my Jmeter instances?

set JMETER_HOME=C:\jakarta-jmeter-2.3.2\jakarta-jmeter-2.3.2

set
CLASSPATH="%JMETER_HOME%\lib\ext\ApacheJMeter_core.jar;%JMETER_HOME%\lib\jorphan.jar;%JMETER_HOME%\lib\logkit-1.0.1"

3. When I run my Jmeter in Master/Slave configuration, where should my
Jmeter scripts and CSV files reside Should they be on the Master or Slave
machine or both and in which directory.

4. I read through the info in the Jmeter manual and came to know about the
configuration for the Master to talk to slave. If the communication has to
be 2 way, I mean for the Servers to send back the results to client...what
needs to be done?

5. How can i store my results from both the servers in CSV format in one
location?

Any information on the above questions would be really helpful. This is a
new challenge that I have undertaken and i really need to get through
this...meaning using Jmeter for load test and succeeding. Hope I find what I
need through this forum. I only have 2 days to come up with the setup, so
its really urgent.

Thanks,
Ramya

Re: Setting up and configuring Jmeter2.3.4 for Distributed Testing

Posted by Ducklin <ho...@gmail.com>.
Hi, If you have a shortage of hosts (load machines) you can also run JMeter
from the cloud. You can use
http://www.cloud-intelligence.com/applications/jmeter/about
http://www.cloud-intelligence.com/applications/jmeter/about , they already
have the JMeter distributed architecture and if you have questions - their
support helps you with your script. You can save and download your results
at any time.

Re: Setting up and configuring Jmeter2.3.4 for Distributed Testing

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 10/09/2009, socio_pal <so...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>  Thanks a lot, Sebb. Using multiple independent Jmeter instances and
>  collecting the results would be much easier. But can you tell me under what
>  circumstances should i use Remote/Distributed Testing? When will this be
>  helpful? I should be sending 1200 transactions/sec to one node and when the
>  node is in a cluster, I need to send like 5000 requests/sec. Can this also
>  be acheived by using multiple independent Jmeter instances?

Of course. You can generate as much load as you want by using as many
instances as you want. But you may need more than one host.

Posted by socio_pal <so...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.