Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Shai Erera <se...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/11 14:46:52 UTC

Weird problem w/ JIRA

Hi

I apologize in advance that this email is not directly related to Lucene,
but I was wondering if someone else ran into the weird behavior I'm
experiencing.

I noticed that for just the issues I create, I get two emails for every
comment/update, regardless of who does it (me or someone else). The first
email is sent to my gmail account, and the second to java-dev.

This happens for just the issues I create. If I comment or update other
issues, I only get one email.

I've already tried to update my JIRA profile to not send me emails on
updates I make, but that didn't seem to help. The last comment from Mark on
LUCENE-1482 was received in my inbox twice ... maybe it's a setting that
will take effect for the new issues I'll open?

Has anyone ran into such problem (and hopefully solved it)? :)

Shai

Re: Weird problem w/ JIRA

Posted by Shai Erera <se...@gmail.com>.
Actually, since I've modified my profile to not send me email on updates I
make, I stopped getting two emails. But I still got two for the old issues I
opened. There are new issues already, so it'll be interesting to see if I
get two emails when others comment.

But if this was a JIRA project setting, wouldn't all people get two emails
whenever they update/open an issue?

Shai

Re: Weird problem w/ JIRA

Posted by Shai Erera <se...@gmail.com>.
ok thanks. good to know I'm not alone here :)

Gmail does group the emails, so it's indeed less of a problem. I'll explore
setting some rules in gmail.

Thanks everyone for the responses.

Shai

Re: Weird problem w/ JIRA

RE: Weird problem w/ JIRA

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
I only get dupes from JIRA, if I am assigned or the creator of a bug (one to
java-dev and one to me private).

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen