Posted to dev@shardingsphere.apache.org by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com> on 2019/08/15 12:40:58 UTC

[NOTICED] Lead diversity. Original: [DISCUSS] Apache ShardingSphere (Incubating) 4.0.0-RC2 release [ROUND 4]

zhangliang@apache.org <zh...@apache.org> 于2019年8月15日周四 下午6:05写道:

> This version is also use to company, we just test on some projects, maybe
> some bug need to be hot fix, after finished it, we can start to vote

Hi Liang

Please be advised, you and jd.com team should be a part of the
shardingsphere community.
We will need other parts to lead the release.
Also, release and vote should be a consensus, which should not be jd.com
internal integration.

Right now, I would say this is a signal that the release manager and
release process are not diversity.
We need to make progress in both this and new committers. There are the
keys to make shardingsphere widely and fit TLP goal.

Sheng Wu 吴晟

Apache SkyWalking, Apache ShardingSphere(Incubating), Zipkin
Twitter, wusheng1108

Re: [NOTICED] Lead diversity. Original: [DISCUSS] Apache ShardingSphere (Incubating) 4.0.0-RC2 release [ROUND 4]

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
I mean this

> This version is also use to company, we just test on some projects, maybe
> some bug need to be hot fix, after finished it, we can start to vote

This style of words is showing the project belongs to only one
company implicitly from my understanding, at least, this one company use
case is the most important one.
If there is a bug blocking the vote, you should refer/submit an issue to
track.
There is nothing related between the project release and internal tests.

Clearly, the project could be released if it follows one release manager
and community processes.
A release w/ bugs is normal, that is a hot-fix release for, right?

There is just a reminder from my observations.

zhangliang@apache.org <zh...@apache.org> 于2019年8月16日周五 上午11:33写道:

Posted by "zhangliang@apache.org" <zh...@apache.org>.