Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by pratibhaG <pr...@in2m.com> on 2008/10/03 07:46:57 UTC

Message is lost during servicemix restart

I have message flow like this
1)A message is put in a jms topic called updateProfileTopic.
2)jms consumer consumes the message and sends the message to an application
through http provider.
3)When jms consumer sends message to http provider, the application may be
down.
4)If application is down, the message delivery is retried. After all re
deliveries (4) the message is put in a queue called application.error.queue.
5)I have set the redelivery of message as follows.
        .maximumRedeliveries(4)
        .useExponentialBackOff()
        .initialRedeliveryDelay(15000L)
        .backOffMultiplier(2.0)

Now suppose the message is redelivered 2 times but still the application is
down. By the time it redelivers third time, I stopped the servicemix.
In this case I do find the message any where. Either it should have been in
the topic updateProfileTopic or in queue application.error.queue.
But do not find it. It seems to be lost. How can I get the message.

As my operation is asynchronous when client puts the message in topic
updateProfileTopic I send a success message to client. So if I lose the
message after sending success message it would be inconsistent.

How can i recollect the message?
Please help....................

-Pratibha

Re: Message is lost during servicemix restart

Posted by pratibhaG <pr...@in2m.com>.
setting transacted="jms" on jms consumer solved the problem.
The solution is working but I don't know how it works.

I searched for some documentation to know about what this stands for. But
could not find it.
Got the information that this property can have three values:
jms
xa
none

Could you provide some documentation on it?

Re: Message is lost during servicemix restart

Posted by "Lukasz L." <Lu...@sabre.com>.
When the JMS consumer consumes the message from the topic this message is no
longer there (so it is not persistent). When server crash is during
processing in HTTP provider you'll loose this message.
Have you tried enabling transaction on JMS Conumser? (transacted="jms")

(btw. do you use Camel or SM, I see Camel similar syntax)

best regards
Lukasz