Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Raghu Udupa <ru...@easylink.com> on 2008/09/23 18:45:51 UTC

axis2c installation with and without SSL

I am writing a web service client that could connect either to a HTTP or
HTTPS client. I installed axis2c with and without SSL support.

When I see the axis2c/lib directory for with and without SSL support,
the shared object files have same names.

I need to set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to the correct library path
before I run the client.

If I set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include both SSL and non-SSL paths, at
run time, the first path that has required shared object library file
will be used.  That is, if I specify library path that has SSL library
files first, then these files will be used for a non-SSL client as well.

Is there a simple way I can resolve this conflict? Or do I need 2
separate clients, one built with SSL axis2c library and the other with
regular (non-SSL library)?

Thanks,

Raghu

RE: axis2c installation with and without SSL

Posted by Raghu Udupa <ru...@easylink.com>.
Thanks Dumindu.

Initially I did a normal install using configure. Afterwards, I did an
install for SSL client using

%./configure --enable-openssl=yes --prefix=${AXIS2C_HOME}/deploy

The lib directory contained same number of library files, but their
sizes were different.

For example, the normal (without openssl), following .so files were
installed (/usr/local/axis2c/lib)

  libaxutil.so.0.5.0                412529

  libguththila.so.0.5.0              338215

  libaxis2_parser.so.0.5.0            81773

  libaxis2_axiom.so.0.5.0            496886

  libneethi.so.0.5.0                 504229

  libaxis2_http_common.so.0.5.0      226953

  libaxis2_engine.so.0.5.0          1175501

  libaxis2_http_sender.so.0.5.0      205220

  libaxis2_http_receiver.so.0.5.0     32794

When I specified SSL option (/usr/local/axis2c-ssl/deploy/lib)

 libaxutil.so.0.5.0                  412537

 libguththila.so.0.5.0               338231

 libaxis2_parser.so.0.5.0             81777

 libaxis2_axiom.so.0.5.0             496902

 libneethi.so.0.5.0                  504241

 libaxis2_http_common.so.0.5.0       226973

 libaxis2_engine.so.0.5.0           1175549

 libaxis2_http_sender.so.0.5.0       258473

 libaxis2_http_receiver.so.0.5.0      32810

As you can see, there is slight difference in file sizes. These
differences may have to do with time stamping in the object header
files.

My question is does it matter which set of library files do I use? If
these differences do matter, can I use the .so library files generated
using SSL option for regular http server as well.

Regards,

Raghu

You can use a single client for both http and https, if you provide the
ssl configuration in axis2.xml.

Regards,

Dumindu.

Posted by Dumindu Pallewela <pa...@gmail.com>.