Posted to pylucene-dev@lucene.apache.org by Herbert Roitblat <he...@orcatec.com> on 2010/05/21 06:21:48 UTC

Test failures

I'm trying to set up PyLucene on Ubuntu 10.04 with Python 2.6.2.  I
managed to get it to build, but the test revealed some errors.  Are they
significant?  Do they need some adjustment to run under Python 2.6 or
Ubuntu 10.04?

Thanks,
Herb

CompoundTime : 0:00:00.763478
Multi-file Time : 0:00:00.818167
FAIL testTiming
(lia.indexing.CompoundVersusMultiFileIndexTest.CompoundVersusMultiFileIndexTest
self.assert_(cTiming > mTiming)
Assertion Error

DistanceSorting Test
Sorted by: <custom: "Location":
org.apache.pylucene.search.PythonSortComparatorSource@4f9a32e0>
Los Betos @ (9,6) -> 4.12310562562
Cafe Poca @ (5,9) -> 5.09901951359
Nico's Taco Shop @ (3,8) -> 7.28010988928

make: *** [test] Error 123

Re: Test failures

Posted by Herbert Roitblat <he...@orcatec.com>.
Thanks.  That makes me feel better.
Herb

Re: Test failures

Posted by Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 21 May 2010, herb@orcatec.com wrote:

> Thanks, Andi.
> Here is a piece of the test output.  Maybe I'm misreading the separations
> between tests.  I re-ran the tests.

Yes, that looks like the CompoundVersusMultiFileIndexTest.py failure.
The DistanceSortingTest.py that immediately follows ends with OK, just
before the next test.

Andi..

> Ran 1 test in 0.035s
>
> OK
> /usr/bin/python samples/LuceneInAction/CompoundVersusMultiFileIndexTest.py
> Compound Time : 0:00:00.686435
> Multi-file Time: 0:00:00.826449
> FAIL: testTiming
> (lia.indexing.CompoundVersusMultiFileIndexTest.CompoundVersusMultiFileIndexTest)
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File
> "/home/herb/pylucene-2.9.2-1/samples/LuceneInAction/lia/indexing/CompoundVersusM
> ultiFileIndexTest.py", line 61, in testTiming
>     self.assert_(cTiming > mTiming)
> AssertionError

> Ran 1 test in 1.516s
>
> FAILED (failures=1)
> /usr/bin/python samples/LuceneInAction/DistanceSortingTest.py
> Sorted by: <custom:"location":
> org.apache.pylucene.search.PythonSortComparatorSource@4a53fb57>
>   Los Betos @ (9,6) -> 4.12310562562
>   Cafe Poca Cosa @ (5,9) -> 5.09901951359
>   Nico's Taco Shop @ (3,8) -> 7.28010988928
> ..
> Ran 2 tests in 0.086s
>
> OK
> /usr/bin/python samples/LuceneInAction/DocumentDeleteTest.py
> Ran 6 tests in 1.068s
>
> OK

??

??