Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Angelica <ag...@transcendinsights.com> on 2018/06/11 23:33:47 UTC

How to submit two Flink jobs to the same Flink cluster?

I have a Flink Standalone Cluster based on Flink 1.4.2 (1 job manager, 4 task
slots) and want to submit two different Flink programs.
Not sure if this is possible at all as some flink archives say that a job
manager can only run one job. If this is true, any ideas how can I get
around this issue? There is only one machine available for the Flink cluster
and we don't want to use any resource manager such as Mesos or Yarn.

Any hints?

Re: How to submit two Flink jobs to the same Flink cluster?

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Angelica,

The Flink cluster needs to provide a sufficient number of slots to process
the tasks of all submitted jobs.
Besides that there is no limit. However, if you run super many jobs, you
might need to tune a few configuration parameters.

Best, Fabian

Posted by Sampath Bhat <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Angelica