Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Kpadvel <kp...@yahoo.com> on 2010/01/16 16:51:12 UTC

[users@httpd] %2F to /

Okey, I wasn't aware of that. Starting a new thread.

Experts plesae advise and here is the problem...

We are getting a dummy 404-not found error on a page wherein which the URL has %2F and it needs to be decoded as / but thats not happening. We don't use Vhost and proxy pass. We added the AllowEncodedSlashes On to the server config but still no luck. We haven't compiled the Apache with php.

thx

Re: [users@httpd] %2F to /

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 6:11 AM, Daniel Reinhardt
<cr...@cryptodan.net> wrote:
>>> What browsers are you using?  The browser should beable to convert %2f to
>>> /
>>> such as %20 is converted to a space regardless of the location after the
>>> domain.tld/.
>>
>> Neither chrome nor firefox decode %2f or %20 in the path of a URL on
>> my system, the encoded form is sent verbatim.

> They do so on every machine I have used, and that includes Windows, Linux,
> Unix, and Mac.

I think you're mistaken on browser decoding of both %2f and %20.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com

Re: [users@httpd] %2F to /

Posted by Daniel Reinhardt <cr...@cryptodan.net>.

Re: [users@httpd] %2F to /

Posted by Kpadvel <kp...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks. This probleem got fixed by adding AllowEncodslashes on to my ssl config file in the vhost section. Page loads properly.

If anyone face the same problem please visit;

http://www.jampmark.com/web-scripting/5-solutions-to-url-encoded-slashes-problem-in-apache.html

I was using IE 7.0

Re: [users@httpd] %2F to /

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.

Re: [users@httpd] %2F to /

Posted by Daniel Reinhardt <cr...@cryptodan.net>.
> Okey, I wasn't aware of that. Starting a new thread.
>
> Experts plesae advise and here is the problem...
>
> We are getting a dummy 404-not found error on a page wherein which the URL has
> %2F and it needs to be decoded as / but thats not happening. We don't use
> Vhost and proxy pass. We added the AllowEncodedSlashes On to the server config
> but still no luck. We haven't compiled the Apache with php.
>
> thx

What browsers are you using?  The browser should beable to convert %2f to / such
as %20 is converted to a space regardless of the location after the domain.tld/.

Thanks,
Daniel

Re: [users@httpd] %2F to /

Posted by "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
On 1/16/2010 9:51 AM, Kpadvel wrote:
> Okey, I wasn't aware of that. Starting a new thread.
>
> Experts plesae advise and here is the problem...
>
> We are getting a dummy 404-not found error on a page wherein which the URL has %2F and it needs to be decoded as / but thats not happening. We don't use Vhost and proxy pass. We added the AllowEncodedSlashes On to the server config but still no luck. We haven't compiled the Apache with php.

%2F is not '/' - please read your RFC 2616 very carefully, the character
'/' is a path delimiter; and %2F != '/' for purposes of the protocol, but
another character entirely.  If httpd did what you have requested, it would
be riddled with security holes.

Re: [users@httpd] %2F to /

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 10:51 AM, Kpadvel <kp...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Okey, I wasn't aware of that. Starting a new thread.
>
> Experts plesae advise and here is the problem...
>
> We are getting a dummy 404-not found error on a page wherein which the URL has %2F and it needs to be decoded as / but thats not happening. We don't use Vhost and proxy pass. We added the AllowEncodedSlashes On to the server config but still no luck. We haven't compiled the Apache with php.

Why not use an unencoded slash in your URL if you want it treated as a slash?

---
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com