Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Ravi_Jain <Ra...@satyam.com> on 2002/02/13 13:09:15 UTC

X-Path

Hi All
I have downloaded and started working with Xpath(PATHAN).
,I need help on how to use this in conjuction with DOM parser.
I have already gone through the examples/sample code etc

I have created a small functionality which fetches "value" from a source
xpath and put that value to a specified destination xpath(assuming that
source and destination xml herarchy exist)
Now I want to provide the flexibilty so that the complete destination
herarchy is created (incase its not there), and then the value is put into
destination path.
Can anybody guide me for the same ?

waiting for your valuable suggestions

With Warm Regards
Ravi Jain

is appreciated.

RE: X-Path

Posted by Radovan Chytracek <Ra...@cern.ch>.
Hi,

       it seems to me as XUpdate functionality. I'm not aware of an
implementation of XUpdate in C++. There is Lexus written in Java. You could
check their spec http://www.xmldb.org/xupdate/index.html .

Radovan

Re: X-Path

Posted by Gareth Reakes <ga...@decisionsoft.com>.
Hi,
   This is not possible via the DOM 3 interface. However one of the
original uses for Pathan was for our scripting language called XMLScript.
This had a feature called "creative mode". It does exactly what you want.
I afraid I'm very busy this morning but I will try and spare some time this
afternoon to go and look how I could turn this on so it works through the
DOM 3 interface.

Gareth

On Wed, 13 Feb 2002, Ravi_Jain wrote:

> Hi All
> I have downloaded and started working with Xpath(PATHAN).
> ,I need help on how to use this in conjuction with DOM parser.
> I have already gone through the examples/sample code etc
>
> I have created a small functionality which fetches "value" from a source
> xpath and put that value to a specified destination xpath(assuming that
> source and destination xml herarchy exist)
> Now I want to provide the flexibilty so that the complete destination
> herarchy is created (incase its not there), and then the value is put into
> destination path.
> Can anybody guide me for the same ?
>
> waiting for your valuable suggestions
>
> With Warm Regards
> Ravi Jain

> PRIVATE COMPANY INFORMATION. Any review or reliance by others or copying or
> distribution or forwarding of any or all of the contents in this message is
> STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
> the sender by email and delete all copies; your cooperation in this regard
> is appreciated.

Gareth Reakes, Head of Product Development
DecisionSoft Ltd.            http://www.decisionsoft.com
Office: +44 (0) 1865 203192