Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Ivelin Ivanov <iv...@apache.org> on 2002/10/12 19:36:58 UTC

[Q] Authentication module & JAAS

Recently there has been a thread on integration between an App Server's
authentication and C2.1's auth module.

Now as the majority of the app servers support the JAAS authentication
callback mechanism, would it make sense to extend the C2.1 auth. module to
automatically login in the container through the LoginContext.

If there are no negative votes, I plan to work on the connection between
Cocoon and JAAS. My ultimate goal is to make the sitemap auth. semantics
work together in a complementing and non-contraversial way with the JNDI
(web.xml, EJB, DataSource, etc.) declarative security.

-=Ivelin=-

Re: [Q] Authentication module & JAAS

Posted by Michael Hartle <mh...@hartle-klug.com>.
Ivelin Ivanov wrote:

>Great.
>
>Do you have an initial design in your mind already?

I wish I had, I guess I need to brush up my JAAS knowledge - how about
you, some idea ?

>I have started using JBoss just recently but plan to make it the primary
>target of this JAAS experiment.

Sounds good :)

>Ivelin

Best regards,