Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Jeff O'Donnell <jo...@bea.com> on 2007/10/01 22:32:38 UTC

Trouble getting email notification to work

Hi,

I am having trouble getting email to work - won't work for comment
notification or for inviting a member to a weblog.

I've confirmed the following:

Mail.jar and activation.jar were placed in %CATALINA_HOME%\common\lib .

I've uncommented the Resource tag in roller.xml and changed the
mail.smtp.host attribute.

I've uncommented the resource-ref tag at the end of
roller/WEB-INF/web.xml.

Email notification of comments has been checked on the Roller
configuration page and the individual blog page.

Let me know if anybody has any other ideas of things I should check or
change.

Running on Windows XP, Tomcat 5.5.23, and Roller 3.1.

Thanks,

-Jeff

Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may contain information  of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then delete it.