Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Stefano Lenzi <ki...@interfree.it> on 2007/06/06 01:01:26 UTC

[OT] Oscar/OSGi & JMF

Hi All,
	I'd like to know if someone of you have already tried to use JMF on
OSGi. I've a bundle that must use Oscar 1.0.5 and I always get:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError -> javax.media.bean.playerbean.MediaPlayer.
	Here is some tests and enviroment infos:
  - the JVM which executes Oscar contains the JMF.
  - I have tried to add jmf.jar, mediaplayer.jar and mediaplugin.jar in
bundle and add the jar to the Bundle-Classpath header, but the test failed
  - I have created a jmfbundle.jar that exports all the jmf.jar
packages,  but the test failed

Do you have any idea?

Re: [OT] Oscar/OSGi & JMF

Posted by Stefano Lenzi <ki...@interfree.it>.
Emil Ivov wrote:
> Hello Stefano,
>
> We are currently using JMF, with felix (but also had it previously
> running with oscar) and have never had any problems. We have tried both
> the configuration where JMF lives in its own bundle and the one where it
> is packaged inside the bundle that uses it. Both have worked.
I have tried both of them but I always got the same error :S

Have you tried JMF on Win32 or on other OS?

> You are welcome to have a look (sip-communicator.org) if you wish. Might
> give you some pointers.

I've looked to your VERY NICE project but unfortunately it looks too big
to give me some pointers :S

Stefano "Kismet" Lenzi

P.S. (Very OT) : Do you plan to move the building tool from ANT to MAVEN?

Re: [OT] Oscar/OSGi & JMF

Posted by Emil Ivov <em...@sip-communicator.org>.
Hello Stefano,

We are currently using JMF, with felix (but also had it previously
running with oscar) and have never had any problems. We have tried both
the configuration where JMF lives in its own bundle and the one where it
is packaged inside the bundle that uses it. Both have worked.

You are welcome to have a look (sip-communicator.org) if you wish. Might
give you some pointers.

Cheers
Emil

Re: [OT] Oscar/OSGi & JMF

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.

Re: [OT] Oscar/OSGi & JMF

Posted by Stefano Lenzi <ki...@interfree.it>.

Re: [OT] Oscar/OSGi & JMF

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.

Re: [OT] Oscar/OSGi & JMF

Posted by Stefano Lenzi <ki...@interfree.it>.
Hi found the issue :S

The problem was that I have updated a JDK on Win32 and the JMF are
strictly related to a JDK, so my new JDK didn't have got all the
required DLL :S

The solution was very simply :'( re-install the JMF :-|

Ciao,
Stefano "Kismet" Lenzi